TANSIL professional production of LSR liquid silicone rubber, mainly precipitation silicone rubber and fumed liquid silicone rubber, the difference between them is mainly in the physical properties and transparency. Obviously, the fumed liquid silicone rubber has higher transparency and better physical properties. On the market, baby nipple are mainly made of highly transparent liquid silicone. What are the main steps in the production of liquid silicone?
1. LSR A + B components typically come in a 5 gallon pail or 55 gallon drum. A process controlled pumping kit presses down on the buckets to force the material into static mixer and feed into the injection unit.
2. Then, streams of pigment can be added and controlled. In the injection, press material will be mixed together additionally with a screw and pushed forward to create a “shot” of material, or the amount needed to fill the mold.
3. After the material is injected into the mold, it will then stay clamped together to cure the LSR. Then, either an operator or a robot will remove the cured product from the mold and the cycle repeats. It is a very quick efficient process, that typically averages 30 seconds.
4. Conversely, with an organic material or high consistency silicone, the average cycle time to get a part made is around six or more minutes. Peroxide cured materials take even longer, commonly around nine minutes. LSR can lead to a significant cost savings in labor over a high consistency silicone material.
5. Secondary steps like post bake can help reduce volatilities and improve compression set. And the deflashing process removes unwanted flashing. It’s then cleaned to remove foreign material and packaged for shipment.